Monday, February 13, 2012

Stars Of Fortune


The day I was born was not just another night, 
The stars were all aligned, neither bull nor scorpion put up a fight; 
What better beginning than to let the moon govern your tide, 
It is not good enough to just have one’s mother by his side.


There is a right time for everything, from waking up to bathing
To start a new task, but not for its finishing; 
The times they’re a changing, this much you told me Bob, 
But why should I care for that, when I have a stone for every job.


I did not fall in love, my heart did never allow, 
A perfect girl was arranged, so that together we could plough; 
The stars were all matched and we rode on the carriage, 
Rituals and vows are just not enough for a happy marriage.


Signs and symbols at every corner they lay, 
When in doubt and distress they cleared my way; 
Every lucky charm did help me, I shall not lie, 
Why not will someone tell me then, whence will be a good time to die.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home